Your Union for the Adjuncts, Tutors, Musical Accompanists, Private Voice Instructors, and Daily Dance Instructors of Marymount Manhattan College
In order to work at Marymount, you do need to be registered as either a Member of the Union or as an Agency Fee Payer. There’s two ways to do this: you can complete the form online here or download the form to email or snail mail back to us here.
Upcoming payments to you
At the end of the last semester, there were some payments due to you from the College, and some which you should see soon:
- If you were eligible for the Seniority Bonus, you shuld have received that at the end of the semester.
- If you completed the FERPA/Diversity and Inclusion/Harassment trainings, you should have received $50 per completed training at the end of the semester.
- If you did any Brightspace training, those payments will be coming during the semester.
- Your retroactive raise for the fall and the $200 payment for 2020/21 should be paid with your first check in the Spring.
- Payments for teaching online are made as a lump sum at the end of the Semester, and would begin with the January session.
In the News
As you may know, the new contract was voted on in December and passed overwhelmingly. Many thanks to all that participated in a year-and-a-half long process.
Here’s a summary of the new terms:
- This contract will run through the 2022/23 school year.
- A 3% raise for this current school year (this is retroactive to include the Fall 2021 semester).
- A 4% raise for the 2022/23 school year.
- A 5% bump if you are working either blended or fully online. This begins this coming January.
- We’ve fully established that the College will be compensating us for all of the various trainings that they require – from the FERPA/Diversity and Inclusion/Harassment that we’ve been doing for several years to new trainings in Brightspace and Transformative Justice.
- A 5% Course Conversion fee. This is for when you change the delivery mode of a class at the Colleges behest. This is retroactive to this current semester.
- The college will also be compensating us $200 per course you needed to convert over 2020/21. Tutors and Accompanists will also receive $200 each.
- The absence Policy has been rewritten to agree with the provisions of the NYC Paid Sick Leave act.
- We’ve agreed to a pilot program to see if we can agree with the College on hiring Adjuncts to teach classes Asynchronously.
You can view the full Memorandum of Agreement here.
The contract that is being amended can be viewed here.
Many thanks to the entire negotiating committee on their tireless work on your behalf.